Got your first booking? Awesome! Here's a quick photography checklist for you:
- Schedule a call with the client as soon as possible 📞
- Get information about venue, lighting conditions and space constrains etc. etc., and get prepared
- For formal events, make sure the client has got your tickets sorted out 🎫
- Ask for an event agenda if available, and make notes of key frames to be captured
- Ask about dress code if necessary
- For portrait sessions, it's always nice to brainstorm with the client and work out some creative photo ideas!
- Get your batteries fully charged, and always bring backup power supplies! 🔋
- Bring a grey card in case white balance adjustment is needed
- Use diffusers for softer and natural lighting
- Carry a 2nd flash light ⚡️
- A portable umbrella diffuser is surprisingly useful in many scenarios
- Use a backup SD card if your camera allows
- If you're covering a baby / children photo shoot, some cute props will make your photos really stand out!
On the day:
- Plan your travel in advance, be aware of the traffic 🚘
- Arrive at least 5 mins earlier, preferably 10-15 mins if possible
- Update your ETA with your client
- Make sure you follow the client's photo brief if provided
Enjoy the shoot!